2/15/10

The spellcheck program doesn't recognize the word "texted."



"James, no one cares about your treadmill..."

Kiss my ass, Internet! I busted my butt to disassemble, move, and reassemble that thing! I had no help from anyone, especially not from Adam Jones who did nothing to help me at all.

Not the guitarist from Tool, a different Adam Jones. Just in case you were wondering.......

Anyhoo, I moved the CD towers and the treadmill into the guest room because Jo wants her reading nook back and I would like to be able to watch TV while I'm on the treadmill. It works out for both of us. What stunk is how frustrating it was to move that damn thing.

I removed the 2 posts and console as one large piece, only to discover that I had to remove the posts from the console to be able to unhook the line that connects the controls on the console to the motor in the main unit. So I took of the left post (the one with the wire) and unhooked the wire, laying aside the console (right post still attached) and put the left post in the guest room. When I tried to move the console/right post mass I discovered that the giant L shape could not fit through our bedroom door. I twisted it and turned it for about 10 minutes trying to avoid the inevitable, taking off the right post. I finally broke down and removed the right post & took it and the console into the guest room and threw them on the pile. This is where the fun really started.

The main unit is huge (that's what she said) and very heavy. The frame is made of some welded metal & it also had the motor and 2 heavy rollers on it. I would guess the weight to be more than a duck, but less than a cow. There was no way that I could lift it myself. I tried sliding it, but the end with the motor made it far too difficult to maneuver without risk of flinging it down the stairs and through our kitchen wall onto Barret Ave. I had to call for backup. Jo tried to help ( I would have called Derek, but Jo can physically immobilize Derek into a whimpering, woman like ball of tears) but the machine was too heavy. I called Gerry, but he hasn't embraced the idea of a "normal person" cell phone so he didn't answer. I texted Adam and he said "No!" but came around with threats of violence against his mother. When he got here it only took us 10 minutes to move it from our bedroom to the guest room. Using our superior knowledge of leverage and our manly physical strength, we won the day.

After a quick trip to visit the Harris' I came home and put the whole thing back together. Tomorrow I shall watch the entertaining stylings of Mr. Tony Kornheiser while I play on my treadmill, which unlike everything else in my life I have yet to name. I was thinking "Poor Person" since I step on it to reach my goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers