2/27/10

splish spalsh



We went to see the Derby City Roller Girls tonight. I've never been to a roller derby before and found the funny names that the ladies took for themselves quite amusing. The one above (for obvious reasons) was my favorite by a landslide.

I also didn't know the rules, but I had someone sitting next to me until I got the hang of it.

"James, why were you at the roller derby?"

Well, Internet, it was our dear friend Mark Price's birthday & this was part of the festivities. Jo and Tracy seemed to instantly become roller derby groupies so we may be going back. Plus, it turns out Jo knows people on the team and I work with someone on the team and didn't even know it. Good times overall.

I'm very glad the Tsunami Gods aren't assholes. My good friends Mark and Rachel, who live in Hawaii, were not washed out to sea and this is a great thing. I've known Rachel far longer than I've known any of you people & I care for them a great deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers