11/10/09

bawk bawk....



My friends, I am hopeful. Earlier this year a restaurant that I loved more than I love most of you closed, taking with it my favorite dish in the history of ever. Los Quatros Amigos was an eatery on Carter Rd. in Owensboro, KY owned by a nice man named Oscar. Oscar was a fine Mexican gentleman who created a dish that was called "Oscar's Chicken" which was as delicious as the title is imaginative. With his restaurant closing, I was afraid that I would never have this meal that I've forced upon many of you many, many times. Through an exhaustive google & food network search, I believe that I found a recipe that may closely resemble what I lost. I hope....... i hope.....

While walking home from Kroger with a backpack full of raw chicken I saw a Cadillac Escalade Hybrid. I know it was a hybrid because I walked behind it to cross the street and checked out the decal on the back. I should have tried to get a look at who was driving it because those things start at $75k I think. I wonder how much fuel the hybrid version saves. The regular Escalade gets something like 12mpg, does it really save enough to justify the extra $20,000?

I also saw our dear friends Josiah and Marcy while I was walking home. This is why I like having so many places to eat near our house, you run into your friends a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers