11/8/09

Cavolo



This, my friends, is cabbage.

"But James, Cabbage is spherical not unlike iceberg lettuce!"

You're stupid, Internet. Cabbage, like lettuce, is a flowering plant that we eat before it blooms. Artichokes are floating on this same boat.... on a sea of butter.

These particular plants are in front of Ditto's, which is a restaurant that I love locacted on Bardstown Rd. They also have red (or is it purple?) cabbage in another flower pot.

I had a disgusting adventure today. I noticed that our dryer was taking 2 cycles to dry certain loads & figured there was a block somewhere. I pulled the lint filter out of the dryer & disassembled the front part so I could clean out all the lint. It wasn't clogged so I moved the dryer and unhooked the hose, it wasn't clogged either. I went outside to the vent outlet on the side of the house and I wish I had thought to go grab the camera. There was a softball size plug of wet, hot purple dryer lint blocking the outlet. I yanked it out & reached my arm into the outlet and found another giant clump. I threw both of them away and sprayed out the vent cover thingy so hopefully everything will work good now. I'll have to remember to start doing that every few months.

1 comment:

  1. Of all the flowers/plants they could have picked...they went for cabbage? Hmm, odd choice.

    ReplyDelete

Followers